Lonoke Falls to the Harding Academy Wildcats

Lonoke looses 21 to 31 against the Harding Academy Wildcats.

Photo taken by Logan Bevis.

Sarah Hester, Editor

The Lonoke Jackrabbits fall to the Harding Academy Wildcats on Friday, September 30th, in a conference game. The Jackrabbits played hard but fell 10 points short. Despite the loss, overall, the Jackrabbits played a great game Friday night. Head coach, Chris Norton, stated, ¨I felt like we had a really good week of practice and I think it showed up on Friday…¨ The teams were tied at the end of the first quarter with a score of 14 to 14. Junior, Braden Allen, said, ¨It felt good starting the game off right and putting points on the board first in a big time game.¨ Junior, Denham Gooden, had a 76-yard touchdown reception. Denham commented, “I showed a lot of people how fast I was.” Harding Academy took the lead in the second quarter, ending the first half with a score of Lonoke 14, Harding Academy 20. Neither team scored in the third quarter. Sophomore, Tanner Starks, had a fourth-down touchdown in the fourth quarter putting the team ahead, Lonoke 21 to 20. The Lonoke Jackrabbits lost to the Harding Academy Wildcats 21 to 31. Coach Norton described, “Obviously, we were disappointed.” Though the Jackrabbits were disappointed about the loss, they won’t hold their heads down. Denham expressed, “We just got to bounce back and beat Cave City.” The team is already planning for this Friday night’s away game against the Cave City Cavemen. Senior, Cody Amato, stated, “We should work harder in practice and carry it onto the field.” It is expected to be a challenging game for the Jackrabbits. Norton plans, “Offensively, we like some of the matchups they present and we’ve got some really fun things we want to put on film to help us going forward.” He also emphasizes that this will only be the teams second away game of the season. The Jackrabbits will play Friday, October 7th at Cave City. Show up and support the rabbits as they take on Cave City!