LHS Bell Schedule Changes

LHS will now begin school at 8:25 a.m. beginning Monday, November 29, 2021.

Sarah Hester

Beginning Monday, November 29, 2021, at Lonoke High School, school will begin at 8:25, instead of 8:00. This change will allow 40 minutes in the morning (7:40 to 8:20) for student tutoring, homework help, test preparation, club meetings, and more. Teachers can request those students who are failing current coursework or who have missing work to attend tutoring. Students can sign up for the tutoring opportunities by contacting their teachers and filling out the Tutoring Google Form to receive a tutoring pass. Each subject will have tutoring twice a week for 40 minutes each day. Five minutes were deducted off of each class, in order to allow the 8:25 start time. Please feel free to view the attached schedule. To clarify any confusion, buses will arrive at the same time and everyone else can arrive after 7:30.  Those students who are not in need of any tutoring are allowed to visit the library and/or the cafeteria. Therefore, those students who are not in tutoring are not required to be on campus until 8:20 and 1st period will begin at 8:25 a.m. A letter from the Lonoke High School Principal, Mr. Miller, as well as a fact sheet and bell schedule regarding the changes made to the schedule were sent home with students Friday, November 19, 2021. These changes will only apply to Lonoke High School students. Please do not forget these changes will begin this Monday, November 29, 2021. Have a great rest of the Thanksgiving break!