FBLA – Future Business Leader’s of America

Club Spotlight

Sarah Hester

FBLA, Future Business Leaders of America, is one of many clubs offered here at Lonoke High School. FBLA is very beneficial to everyone who joins. Its mission is to bring business and education together in a positive working relationship through innovative leadership and career development programs.

Students should join FBLA because it helps high school students prepare for careers in business through academic competitions, leadership development, and educational programs. It looks extremely good on scholarships, as well as job applications. FBLA encourages healthy competition between students from around the nation and begins the networking process early. Students have the opportunity to learn from key-note speakers, interact with people from across the state and nation, and learn how to become successful leaders in the community.

FBLA members working on a service project.

FBLA is very prominent in school and community service. They take part in annual community service projects and have fundraisers as well. “We give back to the community by fundraising and donating items for organizations such as March of Dimes and The Ronald McDonald House Charities.” They also mentioned that they attend school events such as chamber banquets to support the community.

Due to COVID, the Future Business Leaders of America had to keep things virtual, during the 2020-2021 school year. So to say that they are excited about this year is most definitely an understatement.

FBLA President and LHS Senior, Kaitlin Bailey mentioned, “FBLA is an amazing way to meet new people from around the state. The conferences are a lot of fun and you learn so much.” Kaitlin Bailey has been the President of FBLA for three consecutive years. She has loved and cherished every conference she has attended. Kaitlin concludes by saying, “If you take anything with you from FBLA, it will be the memories, the things you see, and the lessons you learn.”

This year’s 2021-2022 FBLA sponsors are Mrs. Stivers and Mrs. Graham. The 2021-2022 FBLA president is Kaitlin Bailey, and the other officers are still to be announced. Lonoke High School’s FBLA members are thrilled to see what this year brings!