JROTC Host Eighth Military Ball

Alexia Christman, Staff

The Jrotc Banquet, or Junior Reserve Officers Training Corps Banquet serves as an annual event to recognize and honor the achievements and contributions of JROTC cadets throughout the academic year. The banquet is typically held at the end of the school year or at the end of  JROTC training cycle. First Sergeant Henry Gadsden said ” Planning a JROTC banquet requires careful planning and organization, along with strong leadership, communication, and teamwork skills. With the right approach and attention to detail, a successful JROTC banquet can serve as a memorable and inspiring celebration of the achievements of JROTC cadets.” The JROTC Banquet is an important event for JROTC cadets, as it allows them to demonstrate the values of citizenship, leadership, and service that they have learned through their JROTC training. Colonel McCoy added ” The Banquet is a opportunity for the NCO and the officers to come together in fellowship.

The whole purpose of the JROTC Banuet is to provide an opportunity for JROTC cadets to come together with their families, friend, and instructors to celebrate their accomplishments and showcase the skills and knowledge they have gained through their JROTC training. The event typically includes a formal dinner, awards ceremony where they announce next years staff and award JROTC students for all of their hard work this year, and speeches from cadets and guest speakers. ” Overall, the past year presented significant challenges for us, but we were able to adapt and continue providing valuable leadership development and community service opportunities for cadets. ” First Sergeant added.

This years Battalion Commander was Cole Krablin. ” Being Battalion Commander my senior has been one heck of an experience, But i’m very glad I got the opportunity to get this position on staff my last year and its been a great experience.” Cole added. Many students in the program have different opinions of the Banquet, Some enjoy being able to dress up and show off, others enjoy the food, And some enjoy the awards ceremony. Our JROTC program cannot wait to post next years Military Ball and many more years after.