Veterans Day Ceremony

Lonoke High School Honors Veterans with a Ceremony

Michaela Kahrig

On Nov 11, 2022, Lonoke High School observed Veterans Day with a ceremony. The Lonoke High School JROTC organized the ceremony where students listened to what Veterans Day means to some of the JROTC students, and honored veterans and current military personnel. Chandler Edwards, a Captain in the Jackrabbit Battalion and a Private First Class in the National Guard commented, “It was a change. I have always appreciated veterans and what they have done, but now that I am in the military and have seen the effects fighting overseas has on men and women. I have a deeper appreciation for them because that may be me one day.” The guest speaker came down with the flu, but even on short notice, First Sargent Riggins agreed to replace the original guest speaker. First Sargent Henry Gadsden explained, “I worked with First Sargent Riggins in the past and chose him because of his great speaking ability. He is a great friend of mine that I knew I could count on to present an excellent Veterans Day Speech.” While this took many students to put together, Senior and JROTC Battalion Commander, Cole Krablin, was at the front of the planning process. Krablin said, “There were a couple of bumps in the planning process but my staff and I pulled through and got it done.” Cadets handed out a gift bag to any Veteran or current military personnel as a token of appreciation for their sacrifice to the country. Lonoke High School appreciates all veterans and enjoyed celebrating them in the ceremony.